Tech-Fab Europe is a Non-For-Profit Association (AISBL) based with its Registered Office at Avenue Louise 89, 1050 Brussels, Belgium. Tech-Fab Europe is a registered organization on the European Commission’s Transparency Register with ID number 635608817518-09
Tech-Fab Europe represents the European Tech-Fab Producers. Tech-Fab Europe promotes the positive contributions of Tech-Fab to society by: Highlighting Tech-Fab’s specific properties and the various applications through its life cycle; Liaising with European and national institutions ensure evidence based decisions; Demonstrating Tech-Fab’s contribution to sustainable development, innovation and quality of life; Carrying out detached expert studies and sharing of best practice.
See detailed membership on our members page.
1. Type of Personal Data
In your dealings with Tech-Fab Europe, you may provide us with personal data data, including your name, surname, gender, professional function, email address, address, phone number(s), employer, subscription to mailing lists, registration to events and attendance to Tech-Fab Europe’s meetings. Tech-Fab Europe may also collect additional information such as statements made during meetings and any other data necessary for participating at meetings, relevant for administrative purposes or required by law. This information is considered as personal data under the GDPR.
2. Methods of Personal Data Collection
In most instances, Tech-Fab Europe collects personal data directly from the data subjects or from their employers, in the case of member companies and partner organisations. Personal data may sometimes be obtained through other means such as interaction on the website of Tech-Fab Europe, registration and participation to meetings and events. Tech-Fab Europe may also collect some personal data from public sources, such as the directories of the European Institutions. In the event that a Third-Party provider is contracted by Tech-Fab Europe to collect personal data on its behalf, Tech-Fab Europe will make sure contractually that the Third-Party concerned is required to use your personal data in accordance with the applicable provisions of this Policy.
3. Purpose of use and processing of personal data and legal ground for processing
Tech-Fab Europe processes your personal data for the following purposes:
The processing of personal data is based on the necessity to perform our contractual obligations with you. If you do not provide us the personal data or if you do not allow us to process this, we may not be able to manage your membership nor to provide you with certain services.
Communications with our members
The personal data is also used for contacting our members, inviting our members to meetings and conference calls, keeping our members informed about the activities of the association, e.g. news on specific issues, responding to questions or asking questions or for any other (non-marketing) communications with our members for the purpose of fulfilling the missions of the association. We carry out these activities on the grounds of our legitimate interest to contact our members and to fulfil the missions of the association. Tech-Fab Europe’s does not use ‘mass’ communication tools like weekly / monthly newsletter, but sends occasionally press releases, invitations events like Meetings of the General Assembly, the Board, the Committees and Working Groups and few occasional communications. The latter are never commercial and are limited and focused in distribution.
In order to fulfil its communication and advocacy activities, Tech-Fab Europe processes contact details of journalists, officials from the European Institutions and Member States of the EU, Members of the European Parliament, academics, consultants as well as industry stakeholders and does so on the grounds of its legitimate interests.
Website and social media
To access and navigate websites of Tech-Fab Europe, there is no need to provide any personal data. Personal information will only be collected when users send an email to Tech-Fab Europe using the email address ‘email@example.com’ or contact form displayed on this website. Personal data will only be used by Tech-Fab Europe to administer the inquiry requested.
Tech-Fab Europe does not use social media platform accounts, such as Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Google+ and YouTube and according plug-ins.
Administrative tasks and legal obligations
Some personal data is used for fulfilling administrative tasks and for complying with legal obligations. This may include for instance your attendance to meetings or statements made during meetings, which are used for drafting minutes of meetings. For members of the Board Committee of Tech-Fab Europe, it also includes the processing of additional personal data such as home address, birthdate, copy of ID cards, for the purpose of publication to the Belgian Official Journal (Moniteur Belge) of the list of administrators. Tech-Fab Europe processes this data on the grounds of its obligation to comply with applicable laws.
The provision of personal data for this purpose is a statutory requirement. If you do not provide us with this personal data or do not allow us to process this, we may not be able to allow you as a member or provide you with certain services.
4. Disclosure of personal data to Third-Parties
Tech-Fab Europe shall under no circumstance sell your personal data to Third-Parties or share it for commercial gain. It may however need to disclose your personal data to Third-Parties for the fulfilment of its activities. This may include sharing the contact details of members with other members, for example between participants to a working group, or sharing the birthdate and ID card number with the European Institutions for security checks prior to entering the European Institutions’ premises.
It is also possible that Tech-Fab Europe is obliged to disclose your personal data to public authorities as required by laws or regulations.
5. Cross-border processing of personal data
Any transfer of personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA) to a recipient whose domicile or registered office is in a country which does not fall under an adequacy decision enacted by the European Commission shall be governed by the provisions of a data transfer agreement, which shall contain the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses, or will be subject to other appropriate safeguards to ensure that your personal data will remain protected in accordance with this Policy and the GDPR. If you require more information regarding these measures, please contact us as explained in the Contact Us section below.
6. Storage of personal data
The personal data of employees of member companies and partner organizations of Tech-Fab Europe is stored for the duration of their employer’s membership at Tech-Fab Europe except in cases where Tech-Fab Europe is notified that the said employee has left the organization. In that case, the personal data of employees is deleted at the latest 6 months after Tech-Fab Europe receiving the said notification.
Minutes of meetings, lists of participants and correspondence with members are kept for a duration of 10 years for demonstration of compliance with competition law.
All other personal data is kept for the time strictly necessary to achieve the purpose(s) for which they were collected.
7. Your Privacy Rights
At any time, you may exercise the following rights with regards to your personal data processed by Tech-Fab Europe:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal data, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided below.
- In addition, in certain circumstances, as stipulated in the applicable data protection legislation, you can object to processing of your personal data, ask us to restrict processing of your personal data or request portability of your personal data. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details below.
- If we have collected and process your personal data with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal data conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- If you have a complaint or concern about how we are processing your personal data then we will endeavour to address such concern(s). If you feel we have not sufficiently addressed your complaint or concern, you have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. (Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Economic Area, Switzerland and certain non-European countries (including the US and Canada) are available here.)
- You have the right to unsubscribe to communications in case no further involvement is wished with Tech-Fab Europe (e.g. in case of change of position / responsibilities). You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), then please contact us using the contact details provided below.
The point of contact for individuals to exercise the above rights with regards to their personal data is Tech-Fab Europe’s General Secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Security of personal data
Tech-Fab Europe undertakes to take all reasonable, physical, technological and organizational precautions in order to avoid (i) unauthorized access to your personal information and (ii) loss, abuse, or alteration of your personal data. Notwithstanding the above, an infallible level of security can never be guaranteed. Should any data breach occur, we will act in accordance with the GDPR and applicable laws.
Tech-Fab Europe shall store all personal data, which it has collected, on its own servers or on those of service providers located in the European Union or outside the EEA in accordance with the measures set out in section 5 of this Policy. Paper records shall be stored in the offices of Tech-Fab Europe.
All the staff of the Tech-Fab Europe secretariat has been and will continue being kept informed about the principles of the GDPR and the subsequent internal procedures for the management of personal information and data.
9. Links to other policies
The point of contact for individuals wishing to exercise their rights with regards to their personal data is: email@example.com
In case of questions about this Policy, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org